Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halle is Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive

Halle Berry has been chosen as Esquire's  "Sexiest Woman Alive" this year and will appear on the November issue of the magazine. 

Halle's cover look will re-create a 2000 issue that featured former President and non-Obama supporter Bill Clinton.

Unlike former actresses chosen for this issue, Halle's cover wasn't preceded by a months long campaign revealing photos of  various body parts with clues inviting readers to guess who the the sexiest woman is.  It's not like magazines aren't familiar with whitewashing a model's color away with lighting and Photoshop so I don't see how Halle's brown skin would have been a give away. 

Maybe TPTB at Esquire just don't think a black "sexiest" woman is worth the hype.

6 comments:

lapetitediva said...

I saw the pics on one of those "entertainment news" shows, Access Hollywood, I think, and I must say, she looked great. I'm far from a fan, but I have to admit, she just gets better-looking with age. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with genes, and to help mother nature along, she has access to personal trainers, and professional hair and makeup artists, and stylists, and such. I'm not hating, just wishing I had access to those things, too. **soft laugh** Looking at her and other women who've aged beautifully helps me to feel a little less bad about being in my 30s.

uglyblackjohn said...

Halle is sexiest when she's being Halle. In her movies, when the director seems to shout "give me sexy", she comes across less so.

B said...

She is definitely looking better than the current crop of 20 year old starlets. If you take care of yourself, age is just a number I guess :)

::Otulp:: said...

well... i mean its only a LITTLE bit sexist to ask readers to identify a woman by her breasts or legs.. i say HURRAH to halle & esquire for not repeating past mistakes

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there!

It's great that Esquire is celebrating the beauty of black women OVER the age of 41 in this youth-worshipping culture!

GO ON HALLE!! REPRESENT!

We will claim you as ours!

Lisa

Trendy Gourmandise said...

lol²