Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jourdan Dunn - Italian Vogue - "The Now Smash of Style"




Photographed by Craig McDean for 5/2009 Italian Vogue.

I love these. It's not very often that black models get photographed in such an avant-garde style. It's a nice break from the jumping and laughing type shoot that one finds month after month in American Vogue.

á la Balenciaga (a reader at The Fashion Spot) dreamed up this imaginary cover featuring the best photo from the editorial:



I'm biased but I do like it much better than the actual May cover:



What do you think?

s: Diciassette(17),BLACKLAB,TFS

4 comments:

fail_safe said...

I like the photoshoot as well. But is it just me, or does the second photo look a bit off? The head is out of proportion compared to the rest of her body.

Naturally Sophia said...

This photo shoot reminds me of an early 90s grunge Vogue photo shoot featuring Naomi Campbell. I see why ppl refer to her as the next Naomi (if there ever could be).

Asi Mod said...

I so agree with you!!

Daniela Valdez said...

I love them both!

Your blog is lovely, do you wanna exchange links?

Xoxo,

Dana