Thursday, March 6, 2008

Erykah Badu in a Bottle


According to Vogue.com.uk, Erykah Badu will be the face of Tom Ford's next fragrance. Let me tell you that those are two names that I never thought I'd be typing in the same sentence.

I haven't really been a fan of Ford since he left Gucci and as lovely as his first fragrance is, I though the ad campaign was unappealing. In spite of that, I am looking forward to seeing what these two come up with. Erykah is as unique and intoxication as the black orchid for which Ford's last fragrance was named and self-promotion is Ford's middle name -- I'm sure the end product will be provocative. I just hope it's in a good way.

Stay tuned...

Edit: Here is a link to a video of Erykah discussing the campaign from Youtube. (Thanks Camille!)

Photo credit: Dallas News

4 comments:

Camille Acey said...

This is her talking about it at a press conference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnfSrfJlw8M

B said...

Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

I wrote about the Erykah/Tom Ford collaboration last week on my blog along with Najwa's video (she's a friend). Can't wait for the debut!

Anonymous said...

wow...erykah is making more moves. her new album is brilliant.