Saturday, September 8, 2007

(Supermodel) You Betta Work

I quickly browsed through some of the runway photos from New York Fashion Week on Style.com to see just how many Black models were working the runway this year. Most of these women have only worked one show so far but a few (like Chanel Iman, Ajuma, Jaunel McKenzie, and Marie Fuema) managed to book more than three shows each. The only Asian model that I noticed was Du Jaun but my tally is probably not completely accurate, especially since the Week isn't over yet.

5 comments:

matt williams said...

This is so sad. Our models are not in style anymore.

Asi Mod said...

I think Han and Hye Park were in a lot of shows this season. But Chanel Iman was in almost every show.

You forgot to include the hottest black model of all, Liya Kibede.

B said...

When I posted this, the week wasn't yet over so I missed pics of a lot of shows. I adore Liya, don't know why I didn't think to include her name.

I'm not familiar with Han and Hye Park..I'll have to google them. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

the unnamed model is samira carvalho..she is brazilian

B said...

Thanks!