Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Duro Olowu









This Nigerian/Jamaican took home the esteemed New Designer of the Year Award at the British Fashion Awards in November. His vintage and traditional textile inspired clothes are perfect for color-phobic people like me. I can so easily picture myself wearing his designs. Somehow he manages to make those bold color mixes look so very wearable. Of his collection he says, "I like to make clothes for women to feel good about themselves...And that they don't feel they'll see everywhere." I totally agree. I've always loved African textiles but sometimes find it hard to fit in with my every day wear. I think Olowu takes much of the guesswork out of it.

1 comment:

Ondo Lady said...

Yes I have heard of this guy. He showed at London Fashion Week earlier this year. Sadly I didn't get to see him because of work but I heard his show went down like a treat.