Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Looking Black is a Glamour Don't?

Well, according to one Glamour Magazine editor it is. Jezebel has the scoop.

... a recent slide show by an unidentified Glamour editor on the "Dos and Don'ts of Corporate Fashion" at a New York law firm shed some light on the topic, according to this month's American Lawyer magazine.
First slide up: an African American woman sporting an Afro. A real no-no, announced the 'Glamour' editor to the 40 or so lawyers in the room. As for dreadlocks: How truly dreadful! The style maven said it was 'shocking' that some people still think it 'appropriate' to wear those hairstyles at the office. 'No offense,' she sniffed, but those 'political' hairstyles really have to go.
Glamour is keeping its mum on the identity of the fashionista who made the comments. My guess is that she's the one sitting in a cubicle with a Ralph Lauren Home Collection pillowcase over her head. At least now I know that my militant angry hair kept me from getting promoted at my last job. Off to the weavery I go!

2 comments:

matt williams said...

I have a pic from the dos and don'ts where they have a lady while a twist out a do stating that natural is always better. I think the problem is many whites don't realize that our hair does not grow out like theirs or Asians. I rally hope that they call this person out.

Ondo Lady said...

What an ass, I know that fashion industry is full of fakes but that just takes the biscuit.