Friday, August 10, 2007

Trace Magazine: Black Girls Rule


Yep, it's that time of year again.

I'm speaking of that magical time when a telephone book sized issue of Vogue hits the stands.

Honestly, it is the only time I regularly buy Vogue unless there's a Black woman of the cover (which means that yes, I bought the Jennifer Hudson issue in spite of that awful cover photo.)

Fall also brings us Trace Magazine's Black Girls Rule issue which is the closest I come to buying an inspirational self-help tome.

I can't express to you how I felt the first time I came across this special issue several years back but the word 'giddy' comes to mind.

To be fair, some issues have been better than others and I must say that the last few years have not been up to snuff. Unimaginative photography, poor styling and models that weren't all that equaled a big why bother in my mind.

This year however is a different story. Goddess among mortals Iman is the editor. Freakin' IMAN people! And the dark chocolate beauty on the cover makes my heart sing. BGR! is back with a vengance. God bless Trace Magazine, I might buy two.

3 comments:

matt williams said...

I love this issue of trace. I run to get this issue every year. They introduced me to one of my favorite models, Jessica White. I think Jessica is so fly and she is the one who should inherit the throne of Tyra Banks.

B said...

I love Jessica White too and agree that she should be taking Tyra's place for VS.

Ondo Lady said...

Wow, I msut have missed this issue. I wish I had seen it because it looks sensational.