Friday, July 17, 2009

Ariel Meredith for Diesel Intimates & Underwear






At first glance these look like something a Terry Richardson devotee would have shot for American Apparel. I guess Diesel is trying to jump feet first into the "edgy" underpants market.

I honestly don't know what to think of these. The phrase that keeps coming to my mind is "Girl, you need to call your people to come and get you!"

Don't get me wrong, Ariel is beautiful and has a great figure for lingerie but personally speaking, I've never fantasized about at clothing optional party where I'm the only chick present in the shot and a white guy who looks like European Jesus rubs lotion on my belly. Call me old-fashioned. There are more photos at the Diesel site featuring two white female models in their skivvies but their booties are unmolested.

Source: Diesel & kahlilg/tfs

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ariel is a pretty girl, but this is pretty horrible. I guess the American -Apparel-sleazy look is in.

Lenoxave said...

What's with the booty grabbing? I don't get this campaign and what they are trying to say @ all.

Camille Acey said...

My blood is running cold.

Soda and Candy said...

Yeah, that campaign is just nasty & creepy. I hope this isn't the start of a trend.

Although I wish my butt looked like hers!!!

Onegod360 said...

I want to Machete...

Unknown said...

Hey - great blog!
This shoot rubs me the wrong way!! Every time I see the old patriarchical (sp?) white man objectifying a black woman it makes me soooort of angry. Don't understand why she is in a potential gang bang situation. ugh, can't think about it anymore!

-nic