Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beyonce (and Mama) Set to Launch 'Sasha Fierce' Junior Clothing Line Inspired by Thierry Mugler


Left: Thierry Mugler's inspiration for Beyonce's tour costumes
Right: Beyonce and Mama Knowles' re-interpretation for the back-to-school set

Because there ain't no money like more money, Beyonce and Co. are expanding their House of Dereon label to include a juniors named after Bey's alter ego called 'Sasha Fierce.' The oddly timed line is a re-interpretation of the edgy garments that designer Thierry Mugler designed for Beyonce's latest tour and will include a full range of products from sportswear to handbags and accessories. The clothing itself will be pared down, serving as a backdrop to highlight the more over-the-top jewelry, sunglasses and shoes.

Source: WWD

4 comments:

Sugabelly said...

But why?

Unknown said...

Hello Make Fetch Happen...I love reading your blog and I was wondering how you could help me. I'm a very fashion conscious person...thanks to your blog and similar others...But in my town I don't have access to better private label designers. I was hoping you could give me a top ten list or more of your favorite online boutiques that have price points between $250.00 and $1,000.00 per item. I LOVE fashion accessories too. Please feel free helping me get very fashion creative.

All other commenters, please feel free to contribute your favorite top 10 list as well.

Sincerely,

A Fashion Conscious Personality

Karra said...

*yawn*

I'm beyond tired of Bey and her "fashion" attempts.

We Shall Overcome.....In Couture! said...

The oddly timed line is a re-interpretation of the edgy garments that designer Thierry Mugler designed for Beyonce's latest tour

And herein lies the problem with Beyonce: Lack of Originality. Everything she does is a remix of someone else's idea.