Monday, September 8, 2008

Rachel Roy - Spring/Summer 2009







Hmmm. I don't know what to think about this collection. There are a couple perfectly serviceable pieces mixed in there but overall I think this collection is a bit disjointed, especially the way it is presented. The last four looks could have easily come from four different shows. If I could take home any of these looks, I think I'd go for the cream colored jumpsuit paired with the spotted bondage heels in the second set. In fact, I think I like the shoes more than anything here.

4 comments:

C.L.A.T.A said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING IN THIS COLLECTION. RACHEL PIECE'S ALL LOOK LIKE SOMETHING SHE WOULD WEAR AND I DEFINITELY FLUCKS WITH HER PERSONAL STYLE. LOVE YOUR SITE!

lapetitediva said...

Granted, I know very little about fashion, but the words "nondescript" and "forgettable" came to mind when I clicked on those pictures. There's nothing in her collection that would make me say, "Oh, that must be a Rachel Roy creation!" if I saw any of her clothes on someone else. Her designs don't seem to be as distinctive(for lack of a better word) as say, Chanel, or Burberry, or Versace(is Donatella still around? Like I said, I'm not up on fashion), or Prada, etc.

Lenoxave said...

I love the use of color, but I'm not digging the shapes. They are strange and drapey. I just don't get it at all.

If I looked at the pieces individually, it would probably be no big deal; but together, it doesn't work for me.

Invisible Woman said...

Not good. Not good at all. Surpringly amateurish--I almost feel sorry for her :-)